In case you missed it, I'm going to say it again:
By now you've probably heard that our annual five15 Christmas party is going to work a little different than normal. Here's how: we're devoting Saturday, December 18th to serving.
We are such rich people that to devote a Saturday one week before Christmas to serving others seems like a wonderful way to live "not for ourselves but for him." 2 Cor 5:15
Many of you signed up at the last five15 meeting, but if you didn't, it's not too late: we'll have a table in the lobby this Sunday, December 5.
Stop by and sign up for one of our six service projects -- ranging from construction work, to visiting a nursing home, to assisting with a local toy drive. If you have questions, email Mrs. Rossell.
If you're interested, here are the projects we'll be working on:
- Repainting in some CM classrooms (props to AnaMichele Babyak for this idea!)
- Visit a local retirement home
- Angel Tree organization at Salvation Army
- Blanket making for Sanctity of Life Ministries (thanks to Megan Marriott for this idea!)
- Make Christmas cookies for our after-serving party
- Day trip: Habitat for Humanity in Franklin, WV
Thu, December 2, 2010
by Steve Whitacre filed under