Our next five15 meeting is this Saturday, April 14. Here is what you can expect...
Missions Trips Recaps
We'll be hearing about the three recent missions trips (Habitat for Humanity, Dominican Republic, and Rancho 3M) five15ers participated in. We'll hear reports and testimonies from the trips, see pictures, and hear what God has done.
We will spend time praying for the people and areas that were the focus of these trips. Even if you didn't participate in any of the trips, you can still serve these people hundreds or thousands of miles away by praying.
Competition is open to teens and parents. Please drop off your chili by 5:00 pm - preferably in a crock pot. Chili will be judged from 5:00 - 5:30 pm and then it will be open season for everyone to enjoy said chili (toppings will be provided)! The chili will be offered in place of the normal pizza, etc. Categories for prizes for the chili cook-off are as follows: flavorful, meaty, non-meaty, spicy, non-spicy, and overall.
Our Daily Bread Drive
We will be collecting items for Our Daily Bread's pantry in Fairfax. While they appreciate food, they really need toiletries and non-food items so they can use their money to buy fresh food.
Here are the items they currently need...
- Diapers -- sizes newborn through 6
- Laundry detergent
- Dish soap
- Cleaning sprays
- Beef stew
- Canned Meat/Fish: salmon, chicken, turkey or roast beef
- Dinner Kits
- Fruit (canned or dried)
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Ramen Noodles/Cup-o-Noodles
- Rice and Rice Mixes
- Cake or Brownie mixes
Food4Thought Program Items
- Kids' Easy-Open/Self-Serve Foods
- Non-perishable milk and juice (individual boxes)
- Prepared pasta meals (i.e. SpaghettiOs, mac & cheese): small pop-top cans or
- ready-to-heat packets
- Cup-o-Noodles/Soup: individual, ready-to-heat packages
- Cereal (individual packages)
- Oatmeal packets
- Canned Fruit: individual containers or small pop-top cans
- Individually packaged snacks (raisins/dried fruit, granola/cereal bars, graham
- crackers, cookies, chips)
GROCERY GIFT CARDS ($10 or $20 for Giant, Safeway or Shoppers Food Warehouse)
- OBD cannot use items that have been opened, cans that are dented, or any food past its expiration date.
- ODB needs the total weight of the donation. If you bring a donation, please try to bag it and attach a note to the bag with the weight of the donation.
There you have it!
I'm looking forward to Saturday and hope to see you there!
Mon, April 9, 2012
by Luke Middleton